Who is required to complete the Health Control Form?

For travellers who arrive in Spain by air from non-EU/Schengen Area countries and who do not have an EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent. It is not necessary for children under 12 years of age or for passengers in international transit.

It is a procedure that you will have to do before travelling.

Where can you fill it in?

Through the Spain Travel Health portal or Android apps or iOS.

Where do you have to present it?

You will get a QR code (in paper or digital format) which you will have to present both when boarding and when arriving in Spain.





If you are an EU citizen, what should you have?

If you are travelling from an EU/Schengen Area country you will no longer be required to provide a SpTh health form or a COVID-19 certificate.


If you arrive from a third country, what certificate will you require upon arrival in Spain?

You must have a vaccination, recovery or negative test certificate, either equivalent to the EU ones or another type.


If you have a vaccination certificate, this must have been issued by the competent authorities of the country of origin at least 14 days after the date of administration of the final dose of the complete (first) course of vaccination, as long as the final dose of that course of vaccination was no more than 270 days ago. From that time, the certificate must show the administration of a booster vaccination. Please note that the booster dose requirement and the 270-day expiry date do not apply to children over 12 and under 18 years of age. Therefore, if you are over 12 years old and under 18 years old, you will be considered as vaccinated even if 270 days have passed since the last dose without having received the booster dose.

You can check the vaccines currently authorised by the European Medicines Agency or the World Health Organisation. Certificates with vaccines not authorised by these agencies are also allowed, but the last dose administered must be one of the approved vaccines. Complete vaccination schedules are defined as those set out in the Vaccination Strategy against COVID-19 in Spain.


If what you are going to present when travelling to Spain is a recovery certificate, this must have been issued by the competent authority or by a medical service at least 11 days after carrying out the first NAAT-type COVID test (PCR, TMA, LAMP and similar) or rapid antigen test with a positive result. The certificate will be valid for 180 days from the date of the first positive COVID test result. The quick tests must be those included in the list agreed by the EU Health Security Committee and must have been carried out by qualified personnel.

If you have a Recovery Certificate other than an EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent, you must provide documentary proof of the diagnostic test from which the Recovery Certificate is derived.


If what you are going to present is a diagnostic test, bear in mind that the tests accepted in Spain are NAAT (PCR, LAMP, TMA or similar) or rapid antigen tests. You will have to present a negative NAAT test carried out within 72 hours prior to departure or an antigen test carried out within 24 hours prior to departure to Spain.


Children under 12 years of age do not have to present any of these certificates.


Vaccination, diagnostic tests or recovery certificates issued by countries with which the EU has established equivalence will be considered as an EU Digital COVID certificate. You can check the list of which countries these are at the European Union (UE) website.

Passengers who have the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent will not need to fill out a health control form through the www.spth.gob.es website or the Spain Travel Health app.





What is it?

It is a digital accreditation that a person: has been vaccinated against COVID-19, or has undergone a SARSCoV2 COVID test whose result has been negative, or has recovered from COVID-19. This is intended to facilitate free movement in the European Union.

Warning: From 1 February 2022, some EU Digital Covid Certificates of vaccination must be reissued after the administration of a booster dose. Please contact your issuing organisation and check its validity before travelling.

For which countries is it valid and from where is it issued?

For all countries of the European Union. It may be issued, for example, by hospitals, test centres or health authorities.

However, travellers arriving in Spain by air or sea from an EU/Schengen Area country no longer need to present a COVID-19 certificate.

Does it have a cost?

It’s free of charge.

Are there countries that can issue certificates equivalent to the EU Digital COVID Certificate?

Yes, check here if your certificate is considered equivalent by the issuing country.


Check for more information at our “EU Digital COVID Certificate” section






Do you need to pass the health check to enter Spain?

All passengers arriving in Spain by air or sea from a non-EU/Schengen Area country may be subjected to a health check at the first point of entry, including at least taking their temperature, checking their documents, and a visual assessment of their physical state of health. For international transit, check the applicable regulations here.

Can they ask me to do a COVID test?

If you are suspected of having COVID-19, or any other disease that represents a public health risk, you will undergo a medical evaluation, and may be required to take an AIDT test.






What should you bear in mind?

At all times follow the recommendations for Covid-19 issued by the health authorities.